White iPhone 4 delayed until later this year
Apple has sent out a statement saying that the white version of the iPhone 4 won’t be available until later in the year.
The company said that the device was “more challenging to manufacture than expected”. So far only the black version has been available to punters, but this delay is a lot longer than was probably expected.
Previous messages from Apple indicated that the white version would come out in mid-July, but it seems that problems have put paid to that.
It hasn’t affected sales though, with iPhone 4 purchases still going through the roof as Apple once again have come out with a smartphone that has captured the imagination of high-end shoppers.
The first month of the iPhone 4 bonanza hasn’t been without its problems. The antenna problem which hit a certain percentage of users caused reams of bad publicity, and ended up in Apple having to offer a free case to new owners.
It has been a big first seven months for Apple, with the iPad launch kickstarting a need for tablet computers, while the iPhone 4 has done its job by answering the questions posed by new Android devices and upcoming new mobile phone technology.
- LG launches new Cookie phones
- Apple to open new Covent Garden store
- Samsung to release Android-based tablet
- HTC Desire to get Android 2.2 update
- The iPhone 4 now available on 3 and T-Mobile
- BlackBerry rumours suggest ‘BlackPad’ in the works
- British Android smartphone sales quadruple
- Apple adds Motorola Droid X to ‘antennagate’
- HTC smartphones will use Super LCD screens